Improve Your Smile With Porcelain Veneers
Veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are bonded onto the front of your teeth. They are custom-made for you in a dental laboratory and are used to create your beautiful smile.
Veneers create uniform teeth and can be used to correct problems including:
● Crooked or misshapen teeth
● Discolored or stained teeth
● Teeth that are sized differently than others
● Uneven spacing between teeth
● Chipped teeth
How many visits will I need for my veneers?
Getting veneers is usually a two-step, two-appointment process.
At your first appointment:
1. Each tooth surface is shaped to allow for the veneer thickness.
Note: Shaping will remove some of your natural enamel, making veneers permanent and irreversible.
2. A mold is taken of each tooth.
3. A shade of color for your veneer(s) will be selected.
4. The mold(s) and shade selection are sent to the dental lab for the creation of your veneer(s).
At your second appointment:
1. Each tooth surface will be prepared for veneer placement.
2. Each veneer is placed using the appropriate bonding agent.
3. A special light treatment is used to set the bond for each veneer.
Are veneers difficult to care for?
Our office will provide instructions on the care of your veneer(s). Simply put, you will be advised to stay away from coffee, tea, and red wine as much as possible. Sometimes a veneer can chip, but we can often repair the veneer to look new again. For most of our patients, the satisfaction of having a beautiful smile is worth the minor inconveniences.
Dr. Sackman, Leesa and the staff know how to take care of people. I have seen Dr. Sackman speak about the work he does and it is clear he is educated and committed to providing excellent care for his patients.
We’ve been patients at Redmond Family Dentistry for years. Mostly we see Dr. Sackman, who is pleasant and takes time to explain things. His staff are wonderful too. At the front desk, they take time to walk you through insurance, billing, and costs of recommended treatments. The hygienists do a good job with cleanings, which, let’s be honest, are nobody’s favorite way to spend an hour. They have been great with my daughter since she was little.
This office is AMAZING. I can’t say enough good things about them. I needed to have a root canal done pretty urgently and they did everything possible to fit me in within my timeframe. They referred me out to an endodontist for the actual root canal, but all the other work was done in their office. Dr. Whittle did most of my work and she was awesome. The assistants were really great as well. They were exactly on time, never a wait. They numbed me well and were concerned about my comfort. I really really really hate the dentist, hence waiting until I had to have a root canal, but I will definitely be going here again.