Protect Your Smile With Oral Exams
Dental exams are the first line of defense in protecting and preserving your smile. Regularly scheduled check-ups are advised — the faster Dr. Sackman, Dr. Whittle, and our hygienists can catch a problem, the more likely they will be able to preserve your dental health.
What will happen during my oral exam?
During your dental exam, your overall dental health will be assessed. Your oral exam will be performed by one of our dentists and a skilled hygienist. Your exam will include the following services:
- Dental x-rays – your x-rays will be examined for evidence of tooth decay, root decay, tumors, cysts, bone loss, and for tooth and root positions.
- Evaluation of gum and bone disease – your gums and the bone around your teeth will be checked for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Evaluation of tooth decay – each tooth will be inspected for any sign of decay, and the need for tooth restoration or replacement will be assessed.
- Evaluation of bite and jaw – your bite will be checked for any problems with the distribution of pressure when chewing.
- Porcelain and other tooth restorations – all of your fillings, crowns, veneers, and other restorations will be checked to ensure they are in good condition.
- Screening for oral cancer – your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, and gums will be examined for any sign of oral cancer.
Dr. Sackman, Leesa and the staff know how to take care of people. I have seen Dr. Sackman speak about the work he does and it is clear he is educated and committed to providing excellent care for his patients.
We’ve been patients at Redmond Family Dentistry for years. Mostly we see Dr. Sackman, who is pleasant and takes time to explain things. His staff are wonderful too. At the front desk, they take time to walk you through insurance, billing, and costs of recommended treatments. The hygienists do a good job with cleanings, which, let’s be honest, are nobody’s favorite way to spend an hour. They have been great with my daughter since she was little.
This office is AMAZING. I can’t say enough good things about them. I needed to have a root canal done pretty urgently and they did everything possible to fit me in within my timeframe. They referred me out to an endodontist for the actual root canal, but all the other work was done in their office. Dr. Whittle did most of my work and she was awesome. The assistants were really great as well. They were exactly on time, never a wait. They numbed me well and were concerned about my comfort. I really really really hate the dentist, hence waiting until I had to have a root canal, but I will definitely be going here again.